2) 10 Easy DIY Projects for the Creative Soul
If you’re feeling inspired to express your creativity, but don’t know where to start, we’ve got you covered with 10 easy DIY projects that brighten up your space and let you feel extra crafty.
1. Painted Mason Jars: Take a simple mason jar and turn it into a colorful vase or holder for pens or makeup brushes. Pick pastel or bright colors, and add some designs to make it uniquely yours.
2. Tea Light Holder: Using a regular wood block, drill and long screws, create a unique tealight holder that will add some warm ambiance to any room. Decorate it with some paint or other cute adornments.
3. Marble Printed Coasters: Using ink, water, and some plain tiles, you can create beautiful marbled coasters that look homemade and impressive.
4. Fabric-Covered Bulletin Board: Take a plain bulletin board from boring to amazing by covering it with fabric that you love. Choose your favorite prints or textures, and use a staple gun to secure it into place.
5. Washi Tape Frames: A little washi tape and some blank frames from a craft store are all you need to make some updated picture frames perfect for your decor.
6. Painted Textured Wall Art: Choose a canvas and some textured items, such as lace, burlap or even leaves. Glue them to the canvas and then paint over them in your desired hue to create a unique and textured piece of wall art.
7. Tassel Garland: Using tissue paper or another light material, create a beautiful tassel garland to hang wherever you please. Different colors or color schemes can fit any occasion or room mood.
8. Hand-painted Sign: Create a personalized sign for your home by using a wood panel and some stencils to spell out what you want to say. Paint over and remove the stencils to show off your custom art.
9. Personalized doormat: Take a plain doormat and make it special by DIYing your own personalized message and stenciling it on.
10. Vintage-inspired mirror: Give an old mirror a new lease on life by lightly sanding it down and coating it with white paint. Add some distressing with sandpaper and voila! The perfect vintage-inspired mirror is ready to hang.
These easy DIY projects are perfect for those who want to create something new, express their creativity, and save some money, too. All of these projects make lovely gifts as well, so make an extra and share your beautiful creation.